Internal Pet Medicine to Diagnose Complex Cases
We’re committed to providing complete veterinary care for our patients in San Antonio and area communities. Because no medical concern is too small or big for us to handle, we specialize in internal pet medicine to diagnose and treat even the most complex medical cases. By utilizing advanced diagnostics and expertise, we’re prepared to give second opinions, and analyze the appropriate tests to give your pet the level of care they deserve. Some conditions our trained doctors are capable of treating:
- Thyroid disease, including high and low functioning
- Kidney disease, including acute and chronic
- Cushing’s disease
- Addison’s disease
- Liver disease
- Skin allergies and infections
- Pregnancy and reproductive issues
- Congestive heart failure
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Analyzing Your Pet’s Health and Underlying Medical Conditions
Using our full in-house laboratory and other diagnostic equipment like digital X-rays and ultrasound, we’re able to pair our expertise with the most comprehensive veterinary testing. Internal pet medicine requires deeper analysis to best treat chronic, underlying, or difficult medical conditions.
- ANTECH blood analyzers tests for irregularities in your pet’s blood-oxygen levels, blood counts and chemistry to evaluate how their organs, blood cells, and thyroid levels are functioning.
- With skin scrapings, we use cytology, or cell analysis, to diagnose and treat pet allergies, chronic skin inflammations, and infections.
- If we suspect your pet is suffering from internal parasites, we’ll run a fecal sample and urinalysis is used to test for diabetes and liver disease.
- Even one missed dose of heartworm preventatives puts pets at risk for heartworm disease, and a blood test is recommended annually to catch this dangerous condition early on.
Comprehensive Surgical Treatment When They Need it the Most
If your pet requires internal analysis, our skilled doctors will do everything they can to treat and heal your four-legged friend. Sometimes, your pet will need surgery to fully treat their medical condition. We provide a wide range of surgical procedures to meet the needs of our patients. Our veterinarians are qualified and experienced to provide soft tissue, orthopedic, and elective surgeries, as needed or recommended. Our team is dedicated to high-quality care and the exceptional treatment. If your pet is in need of surgery, we invite you to ask us any questions you may have about their care. We look forward to helping you!